Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
How to prepare for oral surgery
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing, a shirt sleeve shirt and low-heeled shoes (no flip flops).
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, perfume, makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Gold prior to your surgical date for instructions.
We’re Here To Help!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.